In late 2014, Egburt began working with fred’s Super Dollar franchisee, David Majure.
fred’s wanted to utilize Egburt to provide insight into store retail operations to receive the following benefits:
– reduced inventory spoilage;
– optimized product placement;
– better understanding of energy usage within their stores; and
– better monitoring of restricted access areas.
In order to successfully demonstrate the desired benefits, strategically placed sensors were installed throughout the store for the monitoring of:
– customer foot traffic;
– store temperature and humidity; and
– door access of restricted areas.
After 3 months, the following benefits were demonstrated:
– Aisle traffic patterns were identified that allowed store managers to rearrange displays to take advantage of foot traffic within the store for merchandising optimization;
– Temperature discrepancies were identified and adjusted accordingly to reduce energy usage; and
– A positive ROI and full payback was demonstrated by the preventing of inventory spoilage.